Our “Musical Phonics” curriculum consists of 10 levels, which aims at gradually and systematically enhancing the speech and hearing sensitivity of children from an early age. There is an assessment at the end of each level, helping parents to understand the learning progress and the needs of their children. The curriculum is recently recognized and endorsed by the London Teacher Training College (LTTC) and the English Pronunciation Proficiency (Musical Phonics) Certificate Examination has been established. Parents and schools, therefore, can have an international benchmark to indicate how well their children have learnt, regarding phonetics, phonology and international phonetics!
Watch the video to know more about our teaching methodology and the learning effectiveness of our students.
Level 1 Teaching and Learning Demo
- Singing: To enhance the speech and hearing sensitivity of students using our patented songs
- Reading: To teach proper articulation skills and sound intelligence through mimicking
- Translation: To ensure that students comprehend the words in their mother tongue before learning the English equivalent
- Dictation: To ensure students can differentiate between different phonic sounds
- Instilling phonemic awareness as well as learn phonetics, phonology and vocabulary subconsciously via a series of catchy phonetic, phonic and thematic songs
- Teaching proper articulation skills and sound intelligence through mimicking
- Enlightening students about the difference between spoken syllables (dialects, accents or phonology) and written syllables (how the word is spelt with phonetics) as well as the integration of them
- Enhancing the mother tongue whilst learning a second language, as the mother tongue takes first priority when teaching comprehension, which is in line with the Hong Kong government’s aim to promote biliteracy and trilingualism (ie master written Chinese and English while speak fluent Cantonese, Putonghua and English)
- Following the formula of language learning“Listen→Speak→Read→Write”strictly
- Training children’s hearing sensitivity, which lays the foundation of their listening and speaking ability, which in line with the principle of “starting with listening and speaking, then learning writing through reading” suggested by the Education Bureau. Our curriculum and programmes also follow the latest “Kindergarten Education Curriculum Guide”
- Arousing children’s interest in learning English and motivate them to learn through a series of fun listening and speaking activities and games, including singing songs, reading stories and engaging in daily conversations
- Help children who neither listen to nor speak English on an hourly basis learn languages efficiently and effectively
- We systematically teach phonetics, phonology and IPS.
- We have patented songs that teach all the written syllables in English Language.
- We have lyrics depicted by pictures for young children who cannot read yet.
- We enhance the mother tongue while learning English vocabulary and phonetics.
- We are the only programme that teaches “sound intelligence” which helps differientiate and integrate “Spoken Syllables (Phonology)” and “Written Syllables (Phonetics)” and, moreover, navigate through more than 100 dialects of English.
- We are one of the only programmes that teaches according to the language formula of ‘LISTEN, SPEAK, READ, WRITE’, in that order, religiously.
- We have “mimic” songs and raps to help and drill the students to memorize practice translation between the mother tongue and English.
- We are one of the only programme that enlightens the children with the Phonetic Sounds of their own mother tongue then teach them to relate some of these sounds that are the same with English to learn phonetics during the Listen and Speaking stages of learning English.
- We are one of the only programmes that stresses and helps the parents to use the mother tongue to enlighten the children phonetics as the speak at home!